Last updated on December 12, 2013.
It does not apply to corporate or business information or employee information.
We collect information you provide directly to us. We collect information when you create a login, use the Services to send or receive a message, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
We also obtain information from other sources such as Facebook and combine that with information we collect through our basic AnimGram Services.
Information We Collect
When you use our Services, we collect information about you, including:
- Usage Information: When you send or receive messsages, we collect information about these messages, including the message itself, time, date, device, sender, and recipient of the message.
- Device Information: The information we collect about the device you use includes the hardware model, operating system and version.
- Personal Information: The information about an identifiable individual such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, Facebook ID and other Facebook data such as profile picture. We also, with your consent, and to facilitate your use of certain features of the Services, access your device’s native phonebook and image storage applications. AnimGram includes an “address book matching feature,” which uses your address book contacts to help you locate contact information for your friends. When you sign up with AnimGram for the first time, and whenever you log into your AnimGram account, AnimGram will periodically access and upload the phone numbers and email addresses from your mobile device address book to AnimGram’s servers, and check if those phone numbers and email addresses are registered to an AnimGram user. If a phone number and/or email address in your address book is registered to an AnimGram user, you will see them as AnimGram users once you try to send them an AnimGram message.
- Other Information You Provide: We may also collect Personal Information from time to time through the following:
- If/when you contact us via email (for support, with suggestions or otherwise), we will collect your name, email address and any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- If/when you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional information.
- If/when you post on our message boards, the information will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
- If/when you order Products from us, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card.
How the information is used
We use information about you for various purposes, in order to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our AnimGram Services;
- Respond to your comments and provide customer service;
- Send you notices, updates, alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, news, and events offered by AnimGram.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our AnimGram Services;
- Detect, investigate and/or prevent fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity
Sharing of Information
We may share information about you:
- With other users when you send them messages, including your username and the contents of the messages you send them.
- In response to legal processes or a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, rule, or regulation, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- AnimGram may send push notifications or alerts to your device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your device (iOS).
AnimGram is located in New York in the United States of America. Your Personal Information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States and/or Canada, where laws regarding processing of Personal Information may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
To contact us, please visit http://www.animgram.com/support or write to:
Lille Kongensgade 20,3
1074 Købehavn K.